Thursday, November 30, 2006

Rock Royalty, London, UK.

Last week in London, England was a whirlwind of rock. JR Warner and I visited many amazing
people and places. We visited the Hard Rock cafe, London the first day there. When the vault-keeper learned the reason for our trip to England he gave us a private tour of the most incredible collection of vintage guitars we have ever laid eyes upon. To the top left you can see me playing Jeff Beck's 50's esquire that he played with the Yardbirds. He at one point had let Jimmy Page borrow it but scratched his name on the back of it to make sure he returned it! I played "Train kept a Rollin" on it! In the next picture you can see me playing Jimi Hendrix's
Custom Gibson Flying V. As you can see the guitar was left-handed but I was still able to form and play the "Purple Haze" chord E augmented 9! This was just the start of a truly great trip in which we visited with some truly amazing and gifted people. When we were in Soho I purchased a Colorsound ToneBender fuzz box from Macari's music. They are the people in the UK that are actually making them so it was quite a rush to buy one from them in Soho. I will be going into a little more detail about the trip to London in some upcoming radio and newspaper interviews we will be doing. By the end of the trip with all the fine people we met and all we had accomplished, JR Warner and I truly felt like Rock Royalty. All the Best, PH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home